Wednesday 19 August 2009

My new favourite thing - Afternoon tea.


Inspired by the most recent photo shoot that I worked on my new favourite thing is afternoon tea parties There have been fabulous places to have afternoon tea for ages but one has just opened locally and we used it for this photo shoot.



One of my favourite places to have tea is The Ritz - my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary with champagne and cakes in their Palm Court.



One place I have yet to go is the Berkeley for their Pret a Porter Tea - I have stayed in one of their fabulous suites and sipped cocktails in The Blue Bar but this is on my to do list.





While the summer is still here - just - I am going to invite a few friends over for a girly afternoon. So here is my guide to create your own fabulous Afternoon Tea Party.




There are so many places doing cup cakes now - even good old M&S are do really cute ones in lemon, raspberry and chocolate and they are only £2.99, or what about the French Fancies that have been around for ever - they look so pretty with all that icing.



Try to find some champagne coups - I always think that they have an old Hollywood glamour about them and make the fizz pink! I float a couple of raspberries in the glass just to add a little extra.



Make some simple sandwiches and to make it fun get some of the kids cookie cutters and make them into hearts or stars.


Have look around your local antique shops for some tea cups, don't worry if you can't find matching ones just go with a theme say all roses or all one colour. While you are there see if you can find a cake stand or some plates to display your cakes.


If the weather is good set up a table in the garden - throw some pretty floral cushions on your chairs, add a vase of summer flowers - use a teacup or little jug.


Ask your friends to dress up - take inspiration from the 40's or 50's and have yourself a fun girly day.


This is a lovely way to spend an afternoon and any excuse for me to get glamorous is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment