Friday 19 October 2012

Autumn Style Inspriation

I can't put it off any longer Autumn is defiantly here and so it is time to update the wardrobe for the new season.

Sadly I am putting the summer dresses into storage until hopefully next year the sun comes out a little more that it did this year???

With a small two up two down terrace house and an every increasing vintage clothing collection I need to pack away the summer items an bring out the warmer fabrics and winter styles.  The dressing room is still work in progress but I have a promise from Hubby that we WILL get it finished this year!!

So how do I go about switching from summer to winter - the first step is to pack away the summer items, I put them into vintage suitcases and store them on top of the wardrobes or for some of the more delicate pieces I put them into those vacuum pack things and store in the loft or under the bed.

Winter wool suits and coats come out of storage into the wardrobe and heavier sweaters are folded on the shelves.

I always like to add a few more pieces each season (well a gal has too doesn't she!!), but I stick to a colour palette so that all my clothes work together.

 
These are the colours that I work with and if you ever get inside my wardrobe it really does look like this??
(Autumnal Palette Jane Fardon)
 
 
 
Next for me is a mood board - although I always wear a vintage look mainly mainly from the 40's to early 50's I like to pin up some images that I like to inspire me to create outfits on a daily basis.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just a few of the ideas that I have for this season - there are many more so watch for the outfit posts and see how I interpret them.
 
 
I would love to see your outfits for Autumn/Winter so send them to me and I may feature you on my blog?