Tuesday 10 December 2013

Glamour on a Sunday afternoon.

This Sunday was some what of a glamorous affair as I headed off to Winsor Bishop's  1920's themed Christmas Party, ( www.winsorbishop.co.uk), so full on vintage style was called for outfit wise.

Fur cape and Beret - Lulu Vintage, 40's vintage suit Prim Vintage, tights Jarrolds and shoes Bowhill and Elliot.

Outside the shop was an array of fabulous cars and I would have gladly driven away in the grey one (not up much on cars - and didn't ask the owner but I am sure someone will tell me what it is???) Saying that I wouldn't say no to the red one either!! The grey I thought for formal occasions and the red for nipping around town - no??



 Once inside I was welcomed at the door by tuxedo clad door man and invited to pick a cracker that contained a prize (more of that later!!)

Glass of Kir Royal in hand - out of coups in true vintage style, I had a wander around and drooled over diamond, pearls and vintage jewellery.



Upstairs in this wonderful wooded panelled building they have built a champagne bar so you can sip a glass of bubbly when choosing your wedding ring or piece of fine jewellery. So with the champagne flowing freely I did have a few glasses to start the festive season off??


 
Upstairs too they had set up a roulette table for a chance to play for £250 to spend in the store. Sadly we didn't win!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The atmosphere in the shop was lovely with the Acatellas keeping us entertained with cool jazz.
 
 

Dancers Sasza and Mel from Swing Tonic kicked up their heels dancing the Charleston and Swing.
 

 I spied this fabulous catalogue for Chanel watches and jewellery - out of my price range I am afraid but I did wonder if they would let me have one just so that I could drool!!
 
 
Whilst the Chanel and some of the vintage pieces I was coveting would make my bank manager gasp, I did treat myself to an early Christmas present - that cracker I was talking about earlier gave me a money off voucher to spend in store so here is what I bought myself for Christmas.
 
Freshwater pearl studs - grown up jewellery!!
 
 
It was a rather decadent to way to spend a Sunday afternoon - the Winsor Bishop team certainly know how to through a party - a fabulous start to the festive celebrations!!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


 

 

 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. I love that comment about the pearl earrings being 'grown up jewellery'. There's something about vintage jewellery that really does feel grown up, I guess it's becasue it has a history or a 'story' that we can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete