Monday 14 July 2014

Dressing in Style

It has taken a while but I have finally got my dressing room!! For years my spare room was a dumping ground for all things that we didn't have a place for but with an ever growing vintage clothing collection something had to be done.

The first step was fitted wardrobes the length of the wall, we went with a company called Hammonds who were brilliant - a designer talked us through what we needed and drew up a plan - a few weeks later we had stylish new hanging space - modern with an Art Deco twist.

Then the fun part started - finding all the decorative pieces - I have always wanted a glamorous dressing table and found the perfect on, I have a vast collection of pictures and fashion plates that I have picked up over the years, hats and other accessories that are to pretty to hide in cupboards.

Looking forward to getting ready in my fabulous dressing room.
(Photo Missy Vintage)
 




Just a few of the things I love -
Blue hat and shoes - Retreat Vintage
Beige Picture hat - Shazam Vintage.
(Photos Missy Vintage)
 

Fabric by Villa Roma - from http://www.janerichards.co.uk/, blind and stool covered by
 
 
 
It is still work in progress - I need to find some proper storage my vintage hats and bags, put up a few more pictures but for now I am happy and love getting ready the day in my dressing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment